SIGN UP FOR PAF TODAY!
When it comes to New York State politics, we can’t compete dollar for dollar with big corporate donors - but we have strength in numbers. Every dollar contributed to the CWA Political Action Fund is put to work building political power for our members, our families, and our future.
- In 2019 we helped get the bill to ban mandatory fees for graduate workers passed unanimously in the New York State Senate, and included in the budget in subsequent years.
- Just last year, we helped secure $4.3 billion in new revenue by taxing the ultra-wealthy to fund our vital public services.
- Also in 2021, we successfully took on the powerful Hospitals lobby to pass two major bills in our fight for Safe Staffing, creating labor/management staffing committees that ensure real consequences for understaffing.
- In 2019, CWA and our champions in the legislature passed a bill to decrease the wait time for workers on strike, allowing them to apply for Unemployment Insurance after only 2 weeks instead of 7, which strengthens our bargaining and striking power.
- Passed the NY Call Center Jobs Act of 2019 to prevent companies from shipping call center jobs out of the state.
- In 2018 we helped elect a new pro-worker NYS Legislature who support us in bargaining, walk our picket lines, and help us pass our bills
Yes, I want to help win more for GSEU-CWA members
Every dollar you give to CWA PAF is put to work building political power for you, your family and your future. Through PAF, CWA will have the strength we need to pass laws that protect our jobs and fight for quality public services.